Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Countdown begins...

Well in 2 days I go to film the little promo.  I'm not one to get nervous, actually i'll probably get more nervous to have to meet new people than to actually do the job.  There goes the "anti" kicking in again.  Hahaha!!! Anyway I think the excitement is actually over taking any kind of nervousness I might have.  Let me explain to you why.  Here we go, me telling you more about myself again. Scary!! Anway, i've never really had to work hard for anything.  I alway did good in school, I would make my mom sign me up for summer school and cry if I had to be absent.  When it was time to apply for high school, I applied for one and got in.  When it was time to apply for college, I applied to one and got in.  I wasn't the best student because like I said before I never really worked hard, but I graduated, so that was good enough for me.  I didn't have to look for a job when I got out of college because it was a given that I was going to work for the family business.  So when I started my acting the first time I went in with the same mentality.  I want to do it so it'll just happen and it kind of did but I never really gave it my all.  The second time around, more than 10 years later, and a christian now, you think I would have learned my lesson right?  Well I kind of didn't.  This time did involve a lot more prayer but I didn't go in giving it 100%.  I don't think I even knew how to do that!  So I took pictures, sent them out, eventually got an agent but was just kind of sitting around waiting for Hollywood to call. I got a couple of auditions but that was about it.  I wasn't even preparing myself.  Mind you, I had not taken a commercial class in about 13 years.  (I was really showing Jesus that I was serious about this. Riiiiight!!) I wasn't doing anything to "better" myself in this area, yet I would pray "why isn't anything happening, why I am not booking?".  Duhhh!!  It's amazing the way the Lord reveals himself to us.  It was a simple conversation with my cousin and she mentioned to me "have you seen such and such's blog" I was like "no way" that's crazy.  I Went home started reading and reading and reading. Then linking to other blogs of more amazing smart women that Love Jesus.  All pursuing dreams and careers, pushing forward, learning and sharing along the way. Not sitting around rotting and waiting for their dreams to magically appear.  It was amazing, after that I can't even explain the fire that was lit right under me.  I signed up for a class, changed agents and decided that I needed to change my evil ways(hahaha!!).  I felt like I needed to prove to God my family and myself that I was actually going to work hard for something and not give up when it got tough.  Jesus was not just going to hand this one to me. What??!! Well we know what happens next.  I stepped out of my bubble, signed up for a class, endured hours of downtown traffic, signed up for another seminar, and endured more hours of downtown and West LA traffic.  I also signed up for bootcamp just to prove to myself that I could actually say i'm going to do something and do it.  I've been going for about 2 months now.  On the first audition I went to after all this, I booked the part.  Yayyy!!! Lesson of the day. You want to do something, pursue it, give it your all, don't give up when the going gets tough.  Praying is definitely first and foremost, but praying and sitting around and doing nothing about it, is not going to work. Trust me.  This is probably not news to most of you, but for me it's been a hard lesson to learn. A lot of tears, a lot of doubt, a lot of feeling sorry for myself. Boohoo!!  I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store, hopefully we can continue on this interesting journey together.


3 comments:

  1. You have just inspired me to keep going and to not give up. May God continue to bless the talent that He has bestowed upon you as you are faithful to do your part. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your inspiration to keep going or get started. I'm so blessed by your post more than we you know. I will be praying that He continue to give you strength and bless you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post!! I am inspired and will heed your wisdom!! ;) Praying for your commercial tomorrow...I have a feeling you will be fabulous!! ;)

    -j

    ReplyDelete