Sunday, July 5, 2009

This is Crazy! This is Crazy! This is Crazy!

Follow me on my journey.

I'm not sure if you guys know this about me, but i'm not really one to share my feelings or even talk for that matter. I'm the girl who sits in the very back row by myself and that doesn't really talk to anyone for fear that once you get to know me you'll realize i'm not that interesting and be disappointed.  I'll just keep everybody guessing and be mysterious. HaHaHa!  So anyway, i'm inviting my 5 FB friends on a journey.  I figured this is the perfect time to let you guys in on my life, 5 women that I think could be very instrumental in my path.  Women that Love Jesus!!.  I'm going to try and make this short and sweet. Fifteen years ago I started to pursue an acting career.  I studied commercial acting, i had an agent and went on auditions here and there.  I shot an industrial commercial, was an extra on Moesha, and some shows on Spanish television. When I got married, I basically stopped doing it so that I could be attentive to my husband and his 3 year old daughter.  I was ok with it, because to me it was a door that the Lord was closing so that I could be in domestic bliss.  Riiiight!  Well here I am almost 7 years later and the acting bug is still biting.  After many many many months of praying and seeking and knocking, I was urged to start again.  So, for the past 9 months i've been on this journey basically solo, only 5 people knew.  My Jesus, my hubby, Aliyah, my sister and her hubby.  Not even my Mom.  I thought, if this takes off i'll tell her I started doing it again.  If not, nobody knew and on with my life.  Talk about setting myself up for failure.  If nobody knows then nobody will think i'm a loser, hahaha!!!.  


I'd rather fail trying something I love than succeed at something I hate.(7 deadly sins class, that's a whole other blog) So here it is, for the whole world to see. Well my 5 (6 now) friends.  I'm giving it a whirl.  Am I going to succeed? I don't know.  Fail? I hope not.  But whatever happens Jesus is with me.  So pray for me, and join me on this crazy journey.  


Considering i'm so "anti" as my friend likes to call me, I think this is a pretty good baby step.  First, I didn't sit in the back row this time, and now i'm telling people about myself. Crazy!! 

5 comments:

  1. muy bien, muy bien.. Im very happy for you, i cannot give you the formula for success, but i can give you the formula of failure, which is try to please
    everybody, just do what you love and always look up. Find a need and fill it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good sister but I would say your further along than you think b/c (1)You let people in and (2) you actually told them a little about yourself. AND dare I say you have a friend... i'm so proud of you sister your all grown up. GO SISTER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How exciting!!!! Thank you for letting me in on your journey!! Crazy it may be for you but honored it is for me!! I am committed to praying for you! Lots of love!!
    -J (Jeanette)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally my anti-friend has simply become my friend. I'm SO proud of you.

    Succeed at something you love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie -

    As one who is hermit too I completely understand you and will be praying on your journey.

    I always new there was something mysterious about you. By the way love the photos you have.

    Will keep you in prayer.

    Lili

    ReplyDelete