Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's the Climb

So yesterday on my way to the audition I was flipping the radio like I always do and of course nothing good was on so I left it on Miley's "The climb". I am guilty of hearing a song hundred times before I actually listen to the words. So there I was on my merry little way and I began to pay attention to the lyrics and I felt like I was going to shed a tear! What a dork, I know!! The lyrics were just so powerful to me at the moment. For those non Miley Fans, here's a link to the lyrics. http://www.metrolyrics.com/the-climb-lyrics-miley-cyrus.html

It's crazy, it's as if Jesus was telling me not to give up, keep the faith, even when the voice inside my head is saying "you'll never reach it". (we all know that voice). It's going to be a climb, I know that, but as i'm "climbing" I don't want to forget the struggles that got me to this point and the struggles that I will continue to go through to get there. Where ever THERE is. Like the song says, "ain't about how fast I get there or what's waiting on the other side, it's the climb". It's what we're going through today that is going to help mold us into the person we need to be. I don't want to be so focused on succeeding that I don't appreciate the moments that are getting me there. I gotta start somewhere. So keep the faith, keep climbing!!


2 comments:

  1. What the heck?! I thought I was the only one that liked horrible pop music. Whew, I now know we are destined to be friends :)

    See you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. I'm always looking for instant gratification and forget that's the struggles that make you appreciate the top of the mountain are worth the wait. I'll share with you my inspiration outcome from Sunday's deadline.
    Thanks for your inspiration.

    Lil

    ReplyDelete